Friday, February 5, 2010

Popovers



Popovers.  A food I love but never seem to make! This week I finally did, and found out how super easy they are!  Last summer, Tessa and I were super addicted to The Next Food Network Star.  Melissa D'Arabian was our favorite, and she won.!! Her show is Ten Dollar Dinners and it is great - Tessa and I watch it every week together.  We always find a recipe to try (sometimes making the entire meal the same week it is shown).  It went off the air for awhile, and I sent emails to Food Network to let them know how wonderful she is.  And now she's back!  yea!


Here is her super great, super easy popover recipe.  I make a roast in the slow cooker, and this went perfectly!


Ingredients
3 tbsp melted butter, divided
2 eggs
1 cup milk, warmed in microwave 30 seconds
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt



  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Brush 8 muffin cups with 1 tbsp butter and put tin in oven for 5 minutes.
  3. Mix eggs in blender until light yellow.
  4. Add warmed milk and blend.
  5. Add flour, salt and remaining butter and blend until smooth.
  6. Remove muffin tin from oven and pour batter.
  7. Bake until golden, 30-35 minutes.  Serve warm.