These muffins have become a family favorite. I have made these 3 times in the last couple weeks and finally got a picture before we ate them all!
3-4 bananas, mashed (preferably ones a little brown/soft)
1/3 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar, plus a little more for sprinkling
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup white wheat flour, scant 1 tbsp
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mash bananas.
- Add melted (and slightly cooled) butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until ingredients are just blended.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners and fill until 2/3 full. Makes about 12.
- Sprinkle each muffin with about 1/8 tsp with sugar
- Bake for 16-20 minutes until muffin springs back on top.
Allow to cool a bit and eat!