Friday, November 18, 2016

Instant Pot (or Stock Pot) Cauliflower Soup



So, I haven't gotten any new kitchen gadgets in awhile.  But all this talk about the quick cooking you can do in an Instant Pot, I decided to try it out.  I've been pleasantly surprised, not always super quick (has to come to pressure first), but I can leave it and forget about it for awhile (which I seem to do often).  And it seems safer than the stovetop models.

Since we are low-carbing it here and I was craving a creamy soup, I created this one.  Hope you like it.  This also uses another fun gadget, my immersion blender too!

Ingredients
1 small onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 garlic cloves
1 head cauliflower
2 cups chicken stock
6 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
2 oz cream cheese
4 oz cheese (cheddar, colby jack, etc.), grated
  1. Click "saute" on the Instant Pot.
  2. Saute onion, celery, carrots and garlic (maybe add the garlic a few minutes into cooking) until onion is glassy.
  3. Break up cauliflower into florets directly into pot and add 2 cups chicken stock.
  4. Change setting to "manual" and "high pressure" for 3 minutes.
  5. While veggies are cooking, cook bacon over medium on stove until crispy.
  6. Quick release Instant Pot to remove pressure.
  7. Open Instant Pot and add cream cheese and blend with immersion blender to desired thickness.
  8. Serve with bacon and grated cheese on top!
Alternatively, you can saute the veggies and add the cauliflower and stock and cook until desired tenderness in a stock pot.